We process two main types of personal data:
- Customer Data – Personal data that forms part of data provided by our customers and their end users for processing.
- Other data – Personal data about our customers, visitors and other individuals that is collected and processed directly by us.
Our customers are controller of ‘Customer Data’ and Marlabs is the processor of ‘Customer Data’ and the controller for the ‘Other data’.
Domains and websites for this policy
For the purposes of this policy, the term “Websites” shall refer collectively to https://www.marlabs.com/ as well as the other Websites, Social Media, Blogs that the Marlabs group operates and that link to this policy.
What Information Is Collected and How We Use This Data?
Customer Data may be processed by us as a result of customer’s use of the Services when our customers, or their end-users, input or upload information into the Service. For example,
- Customers who use our services may grant us access to Customer Data about their end users for processing. as defined in the agreement
- Customers who use our application may upload Customer Data about themselves or their employees.
Customer Data shall be used by Marlabs in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and as required by applicable law. Marlabs is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. This data shall vary from engagement to engagement we execute for our customers.
Marlabs also collect data when you use our Websites, Social Media, Blogs and applications:
- Users on Marlabs website may voluntarily provide certain personal data, not limited to name, telephone number, physical address, and email address, to Marlabs when choosing to participate in various activities regarding its services such as surveys, webinars, forums, downloads of whitepapers, videos, case studies, and other documents, requests for demonstrations or pricing information, uploads of job resumes, and subscription of various services provided by Marlabs. This will be used by Marlabs to operate, maintain, and provide you the features and functionality of Marlabs’ services.
- Certain information collected, which may include personal data such as anonymous usage data, language, cookies, and browser type may be used by Marlabs to improve the quality of services provided by Marlabs. The information so gathered may also be used by Marlabs to create new features, functionality, promotions, and services by storing, tracking, and analysing user preferences and trends.
- Contact Us Data – When you enquire about our products and services through emails, Web forms, Chatbots or request to schedule for a meeting, we collect and store this data to communicate with you and respond to your enquiry.
- Job applicants Data – You provide personal data to us as part of your job application on our Website.
Lawful Basis For Processing
We have established lawful basis to process your personal data. We also use your consent as basis for lawfully processing your personal data.
We process your personal data only when we have a lawful basis. Presently, we use the Performance of Contract (i.e. to deliver the services to our customers) and consent as the lawful basis for processing.
For certain processing, we may also use legitimate interests as provided under the Data Protection Regulations.
We use personal data provided by you solely to respond to your inquiries or to process an application form you have completed on Marlabs website. Marlabs may retain your information to comply with our legal obligations to respond to any legal process or as required by law in response to any court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency or to act against any illegal activity and to address any potential threat to the physical safety of a person.
Where you have consented to a particular processing, you have a right to withdraw the consent at any time.
Users Under 16 Years Of Age
The Sites and Services do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 16 If you are under the age of 16, you are not permitted to use the Sites and Services or to disclose Personal Information. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
Data Storage And Retention
We do not sell, lease, rent or give away the information collected about you without your consent. Your information is disclosed as described below, and require those we share it with, to comply with adequate privacy and confidentiality requirements and security standards.
Service Providers Processing Data On Behalf Of Marlabs
Your personal data may be shared within Marlabs, its affiliates, and any of its subsidiaries. It may be shared with Marlabs’ business partners, service vendors or authorized third-party agents who are located in any part of the world for purposes such as data processing, enrichment, providing requested services, transaction, and storage, after ensuring that such entities are contractually bound by data privacy obligations.
The following categories of recipient will most likely receive your data in order for us to provide services to you – Third Party Data Centre Services / cloud service providers.
– Third Party tools used for collecting data from Websites
– Other modules of Marlabs applications to which you may have subscribed to To Comply with Laws – If we receive a request for information, we may disclose if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your data will be stored and processed in multiple countries including outside of the European Union (EU) Region Since Marlabs is an International Company, your data will be processed outside of the EU region. Your data will be processed within Third Party Data Centres wherever Marlabs offices located. Some countries where we process data may not have as protective laws as your own country and there are risks associated with such transfer.
Marlabs offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Customer Data. These clauses are contractual commitments between parties transferring personal data (for example, between Marlabs and its customers, suppliers or data processors outside the EU), binding them to protect the privacy and security of the data.
Data Subject Rights
Any personal data shared by you is not used to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as a part of a specific program or feature. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes such as notifying you of major changes to Marlabs services or for customer service purposes.
Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Marlabs by email, SMS, telephone or other means of communication. You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information.
Your Rights To Control Data
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you easy means to access, modify, delete, object to or restrict use of your personal data.
We strive to give you ways to access, update/modify your data quickly or to delete it unless we have to keep that information for legal purposes. Some rights can be access from within the Marlabs applications. For visitors, these rights can be exercised by contacting us with your specific request.
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g. if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g. if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g. if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
Marlabs implement security controls to prevent breaches and unauthorised access to your data. We utilizes appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information it collects. Marlabs takes reasonable steps to ensure any personal data is processed fairly and lawfully after receiving the consent of the information provider.
We also subject our services to internationally recognised certification and attestation standards. Details about our security measures are available at our website.
Any grievance or complaint, in relation to processing of information, should be sent to Marlabs in writing to email@example.com
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have additional rights. If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you can also lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in the country of your residence.
Changes To This Policy
Please note that this policy may change from time to time. Please review the policy periodically for changes.