Building cyber threat intelligence(CTI) life cycle is critical and challenging in today’s environment. Implementing cyber threat intelligence program not only helps you to protect your organization but also improves your security controls. Also, threat intelligence teams need to adopt proactive model approach than reactive model to avoid the business risk.
This blog highlights some of the key steps to implement CTI;
- Create strong outline what you want to protect
- This will help to prevent specific attacks and improve your business strategy
- Build right tools
- Research tools, Disassembler, SIEM, Web proxy, and experts
- Create right set of Context
- It’s important to understand the difference between Threat Data/Threat information and Threat Intelligence to build a powerful CTI framework
- Create goals you want to achieve
- It will always help you to avoid the gap at various level.
- Improve your threat feeds
- It’s the battle between old sources vs new sources. New sources give you an edge to improve your threat feeds regularly.
- Team + Time
- Teams become great team in CTI framework by timely intelligence at regular intervals
- How well you allocate/utilise your budget to assess the business risk, cost of threats and revenue impact play a key role during cyber threat intelligence framework.
To stay protected always, focus on framework, specific goals, requirements and a great team.