Insurers need to increase business profitably by capitalizing on market opportunities, improving productivity, customer relations, and agent relations. Guidewire PolicyCenter is a flexible policy administration system for the insurance sector. PolicyCenter streamlines the core processes in the policy lifecycle—proposals, product definitions, underwriting, pricing, binding, validations, and renewals. It can be modified based on business requirements and integrated with legacy systems and third party applications with ease.
Legacy claim systems cannot handle the pressures of the current insurance industry effectively. Streamlining the claims process can help insurers improve their operations and competitive advantage. This also provides insurers greater control over the processes thereby reducing errors and additional expenses. Guidewire ClaimCenter® is a flexible Web-based claims system for the property and casualty insurance industry. ClaimCenter facilitates end-to-end claims lifecycle management enhancements and keeps track of necessary claims-related financial data.
- Can be easily integrated into services-oriented architecture using Web service APIs
- Are Web-based and does not require installation
- Can support thousands of concurrent users
- Can run on the insurance industry's preferred application servers, operating systems, and databases
Marlabs Guidewire consultation capabilities for Guidewire PolicyCenter®, Guidewire BillingCenter®, and Guidewire ClaimCenter® include Configuration of business rules, new screens, and data model, and integration with external systems. User acceptance testing, system integration testing, and automated testing framework in GOSU, data profiling of legacy data, and report generation are other consultation capabilities. Technologies are Java (Web Services), Apache Tomcat, XML, ANT, J2EE, Guidewire - GOSU, SQL Server, Oracle 9i, ETL Tools – Informatica.
- Define workflows: create new workflows, create new workflow types, and attach entities to workflows as context entities
- Create business rules and processes: create customized business-specific application rules and GOSU code
- Implement security policies: customize permissions and security in XML and then apply these permissions at application runtime
- Modify application interface: configure the text labels, colors, fonts, and images that comprise the visual appearance of the application
- Change or augment the ClaimCenter application: extend the functionality of the application by building new views or change validations.
- Web service APIs - Web service APIs are a general-purpose set of application programming interfaces that can be used to query, add, or update Guidewire data, or trigger actions and events programmatically
- Plugins - Guidewire plugins are mini-programs that applications invoke to perform an action or calculate a result. Guidewire recommends writing plugins in GOSU.
- Messaging plugins send messages to remote systems, and receive acknowledgements of each message
- Authentication plugins define custom authentication systems
- Document and form plugins transfer documents to and from a document management system, and also help prepare new documents from templates. Additionally, there are GOSU APIs to create and attach documents
- Templates generate text-based formats containing a combination of ClaimCenter data and fixed data.